Wednesday, June 18

TOUCHED


Last night I was having my major "Disney Channel" moment from the evening until late night. Hahaha. Well, since I'm not enjoying my looooooooooong holiday wisely, I can say that TV can be the bestest friend nowadays, especially cartoons!

Suddenly someone texted me and ask me to watch HBO. And it was approximately around 11.45pm. So i got excited lah. Then I changed the channel to HBO. The story was A Girl Like Me: The Gwen Araujo Story.

Its a 2 hours movie about documenting the real life of Gwen Araujo,basically born Edward Araujo Jr., a transgender teenager who was murdered after it was discovered by acquaintances that she had male genitalia ( You know what that is!!). The events leading up to Araujo's death were the subject of a pair of criminal trials in which it was alleged that the attackers were angered by the discovery that Araujo who at the time, was living as female but actually was biologically male. Scenes depicting the murder trial are shown alternating with the story of Gwen's life.

By the way, A Girl Like Me: The Gwen Araujo Story won the award for Outstanding Movie for Television at the 2007 GLAAD Media Awards.

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com